You are looking at the HTML representation of the XML format.
HTML is good for debugging, but is unsuitable for application use.
Specify the format parameter to change the output format.
To see the non HTML representation of the XML format, set format=xml.
See the complete documentation, or
API help for more information.
<page ns="0" title="API" missing="" />
<page pageid="1" ns="0" title="Main Page">
<rev user="Nkrabben" timestamp="2014-04-28T13:19:30Z" comment="Protected "[[Main Page]]" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite))" xml:space="preserve">=Chronicles in Preservation Project Wiki=
In May 2011, the Educopia Institute (host for the MetaArchive Cooperative), with the San Diego Supercomputer Center and the libraries of University of North Texas, Penn State, Virginia Tech, University of Utah, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Clemson University, announced that they received $300,000 from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The Chronicles in Preservation project will study, document, and model the use of data preparation and distributed digital preservation frameworks to collaboratively preserve digitized and born-digital newspaper collections.
This three-year project will result in guidelines for preparing digital newspaper collections for preservation, interoperability tools to facilitate the exchange of these newspaper collections between repositories, and a comparative analysis of the strengths and challenges of three distinct DDP frameworks (MetaArchive-LOCKSS, Chronopolis-iRODS, UNT-CODA).
==Grant Submission Materials==
* [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/narrative_workplan/Chronicles_Narrative.pdf Project Narrative]
* [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/narrative_workplan/Chronicles_Workplan_Revised_02282012.pdf Project Workplan (revised 02/28/2012)]
* [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/narrative_workplan/Chronicles_Workplan_Revised_05222013.pdf Project Workplan (revised 05/22/2013)]
* [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/appendices Appendices]
* [https://email@example.com&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK Project Calendar]
* Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 Kick-Off: [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_Meeting_Minutes_08232011.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 Advisory Group [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/NEH_AG_Minutes_12072011.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 All-Project [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_Meeting_Minutes_01182012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 Chronicles Committee [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_Meeting_Minutes_02282012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Friday, March 23rd, 2012 Advisory Group [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/NEH_AG_Minutes_03232012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 Chronicles Committee [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_Meeting_Minutes_03282012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Friday, April 13th, 2012 Chronicles Staff [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/NEH_Chronicles_Staff_Minutes_04132012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Friday, April 20th, 2012 Advisory Group [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/NEH_Chronicles_AG_Minutes_04202012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 Chronicles Committee [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_Meeting_Minutes_04252012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
*Monday, October 1st, 2012 All-Project Meeting [http://www.metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/Chronicles_All_Project_Minutes_10012012.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* [[Friday, February 1st, 2013 Project Staff Meeting]]
*Friday, February 15, 2013 Advisory Group Meeting [http://metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/neh_chronicles_ag_steering_minutes_02152013.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* [[Friday, March 1st, 2013 Project Staff Meeting]]
* Monday, March 25th, 2013 Chronicles Committee Meeting [http://metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/chronicles_committee_minutes_20130325.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* [[Friday, April 5th, 2013 Project Staff Meeting]]
* [[Monday, April 22nd, 2013 Chronicles Committee Meeting]]
* [[Friday, May 3rd, 2013 Project Staff Meeting]]
* Friday, May 17th, 2013 Advisory Group Meeting [http://metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/chronicles_advisory_minutes_20130517.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* [[Friday, June 7th, 2013 Project Staff Meeting]]
* Friday, June 21st, 2013 Advisory Group Meeting [http://metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/chronicles_advisory_minutes_20130621.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
* Monday, June 24th, 2013 Chronicles Committee Meeting [http://metaarchive.org/public/resources/neh/meeting_notes/chronicles_committee_minutes_20130624.pdf (Meeting Minutes)]
The Chronicles in Preservation project has three major research and development outcomes that require timely and thorough evaluation: the Guidelines, the Comparative Analysis, and Interoperability Tools. Workspaces for draft documents and links to any future software tools will be available on the pages listed below:
* [[Guidelines_for_Digital_Newspaper_Collection_Preservation_Readiness | Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Collection Preservation Readiness]]
* [[Comparative_Analysis_of_Distributed_Digital_Preservation_Frameworks | Comparative Analysis of Distributed Digital Preservation Frameworks]]
* [[Interoperability_Tools | Interoperability Tools]]
* Collections Assessment Survey (updated on 02/28/2012 and available upon request - contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Georgia Tech DSpace Repository Features & Workflows Investigation (available upon request - contact email@example.com)
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AGM8PQz2W1xKP4S0Nc8ockj0OJwCHJZIbppN7sZpUQA/edit Items for Further Research]
* [http://tinyurl.com/7jkwtjz Standards Gap Analysis]
* [[Data Wrangling Tools]]
==Born-Digital News Research==
* [http://www.rjionline.org/news/newspaper-archive-summit-white-paper-suggests-next-steps-stakeholders Newspaper Archive Summit White Paper]
* [http://icon.crl.edu/PDF/potential%20digital%20rights.pdf CRL ICON Potential Rights to Obtain for Digital Newspapers]
* [http://www.crl.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/pages/LCreport_final.pdf CRL Mapping the Newspaper Industry]
* [http://www.crl.edu/sites/default/files/follow_up_material/News%20Webinar%202013%20v2.pdf CRL Access to News in the Digital Age]
* [http://netpreserve.org/sites/default/files/resources/statement_on_the_implementation_of__statutory_and_voluntary__deposit_sch_.pdf IIPC Statement on the Implementation of Statutory and Voluntary Deposit Scheme for Non-Print Publications]
* [http://www.degruyter.com/view/product/129021 IFLA Legal Deposit and Research in the Digital Era ($140)]
* [http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/documents/NDSA_CaseStudy_NewspaperEPrints.pdf NDSA Case Study - Newspaper E-prints]
* [http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/documents/NDSA_CaseStudy_CitizenJournalism.pdf NDSA Case Study - Citizen Journalism]
* [http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/documents/NDSA_CaseStudy_CommunityNews.pdf NDSA Case Study - Hyperlocal and Community News]
The Chronicles Committee is comprised of partner institutions with digital newspaper holdings being contributed to the project evaluation. Each project partner has committed to assigning one or more of their staff members as a Chronicles Committee for the project. Chronicles Committee members and related staff from each partner institution will hold regularly scheduled conference calls to address technical and organizational issues. All Chronicles Committee members will assign additional staff to the project to assist with collection preservation readiness preparation.
#Kenning Arlitsch (Univ. of Utah)
#Bill Donovan (Boston College)
#Mike Furlough (Penn State)
#Cathy Hartman (UNT)
#Gail McMillan (VA Tech)
#David Minor (Chronopolis)
#Jody Thompson (GA Tech)
#Chris Vinson (Clemson)
#Tyler Walters (VA Tech)
The project includes four Advisors (and one unassigned advisor) who are recognized experts in the field of newspaper digitization. These Advisors will help the Chronicles Committee outline and draft the Guidelines to Preservation Readiness for Digital Newspaper Collections. They will also evaluate the interoperability tools development plan and the preservation readiness plans for each partner and will review the Guidelines prior to its public release.
#Liz Bishoff (Bishoff Group)
#Robert Horton (Minnesota HS)
#Sue Kellerman (Penn State)
#Mary Molinaro (Univ. of Kentucky)
* Unassigned Advisor: Frederick Zarndt
#Katherine Skinner (PI)
#Matt Schultz (Project Manager)
#Martin Halbert (Content Advisor)
#Mark Phillips (Technical Advisor)
#Gail McMillan (Sustainability Advisor)
#Hannah Tarver (Metadata Advisor)
#Stephen Eisenhauer (Programmer & System Administrator)
#Colin Brittle - (Data Wrangler)
#Stephen Eisenhauer - (Software Engineer)
== Getting started ==
Consult the [http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents User's Guide] for information on using the wiki software.
* [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings Configuration settings list]
* [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ MediaWiki FAQ]
* [https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-announce MediaWiki release mailing list]</rev>