Revision as of 14:54, 15 April 2014 by NKrabben
Thank you for your interest in the public review of the ETD Lifecycle Management Tools, part of an IMLS grant to research the curation of ETDs.
We are testing 7 tools for ETD Lifecycle Management:
- Virus Checking - Submitted ETD's may contain viruses that could damage the entire collection if not screened in advance.
- ClamAV - An open-source command-line utility to scan files for viruses.
- File Format Identification - Knowledge of the formats used in an ETD can help a program determine whether the package adheres to program requirements and what software will be necessary to access the data in the future.
- DROID - A Java-based open-source graphical utility to identify a file's format.
- FITS - An open-source command-line utility to identify a file's format by bundling several other format identification tools.
- file - A system-level command-line utility to identify a file's format.
- JHOVE2 - A Java-based open-source command-line utility to identify a file's format.
- Preservation Metadata - Actions taken during curation should be recorded in order to track their success and failure.
- PREMIS Event Service - A Python Django-based open-source utility to record curation actions performed by software as preservation metadata.
- ETD Submission - Submissions systems allow for standardized metadata collection and provide an entry point into an ETD workflow.
- ETD Drop - A Python Django-based open-source web interface to accept ETD components and bundle them into packages with fixity and format metadata.
[test-2|Register to review the tools]